Deadline to Register is Friday, August 16th, 2019.
We are looking for passionate volunteers who can contribute to the success of Nikkei Matsuri.
Volunteering your time at Nikkei Matsuri means making new friends, being part of a team, and supporting your community! Be a part of a family-friendly event that celebrates the significance of Japanese immigrants’ contribution to the Nikkei community. You can help in various ways leading up to, during and after the festival.
For questions please contact [email protected]
Before Nikkei Matsuri, we need help:
- Promoting (giving out posters, bringing in more volunteers)
- Setup — one week before the event
During Nikkei Matsuri, we need help:
- Welcoming guests into the festival
- Setup in the morning and clean up at night
- Serving and preparing food
- Running game stations for children
- Selling merchandise at vendor booths
- Running workshops and children’s activities
- Selling raffle tickets
- Managing parking for guests and vendors
- Organizing and selling Japanese books
- Taking photographs/videos for social media #NikkeiMatsuri
- Promoting workshops and demos going on throughout the festival
Ready to sign up?
Fill out the information requested through our volunteer application form and we’ll be in touch once the Volunteer Schedule is available! Deadline to register is Friday, August 16th, 2019.